Tuesday 7 July 2015

Welcome Ed.

MUSHU
It's early evening here in fairyland and Pixin my rider has just ran in with wonderful news! She tells me Ed is coming over and he is going to be ready soon, I let her strap her saddle onto my back in haste and she dives on and runs me through the forest that glows with fairy magic and fireflies. 

We don't run home to where I left my body, but instead we run to another place, a place of medicines and I realise I'm at a vet surgery, I can hear the Keisha talking, asking about Ed's condition. The scent of blood in the air. I glimpse within the door and see Ed on the table not at all like himself. Blood has stained his underside from where he has pee'd out dark red. The Keisha is stroking him gently as 
though any pressure would shatter him,  a rush of memories hit me, 
'This is like my last day.'
 My fairy hears my thoughts and with her tiny delicate hand caresses my large ear, she soothes me as I hear the vet suggest the friendlier option as Ed looks in pain, and I follow the vet with Ed into the other room where she lays him down in a towel, prepares an injection and pumps it into his system. 

Ed's eyes begin to blur and as she provides gas for him to slip away, I can barely contain myself I call for Ed, he looks so scared until he hears my voice, and my fairy smiles a beam of light to him I can hear her thoughts shine with happiness at how beautiful Ed is, and what a wonderful companion he will make. And as I guide my life friend into the Fairy Realm I brux to him letting him know he is safe and has nothing to worry about. 

Once he entered the realm his physical body went limp and his spirit turned to see as the vet carry the shell of his remains back to Keisha to bury. Together me Ed and Pixin flicker from this realm I left only months ago and together we shall dance in a world of fairies and magic as we await our other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment